SCFC’s friendly and capable staff members are here to ease your mind and make you comfortable on your visit.
These procedures and document requirements are put in place to provide a smooth visit.
- You will receive a phone call from our pre-operative screening nurse up to three days prior to your surgery. The nurse will go over your health history, medications you are taking, answer any questions you might have, confirm your arrival time and provide any pre-procedure or surgery instructions. We generally ask that you arrive 60 minutes before your surgery’s scheduled time unless you are instructed differently upon pre-op phone call.
- During your pre-op phone conversation with the nurse, you will be given instructions for when to stop eating and drinking. We ask that you do not eat or drink past midnight on the day of surgery. This includes no gum or chewing tobacco.
- Please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you to and from home the day of the surgery. Your surgery may be canceled if you do not have a ride home. You need to arrange for an adult to stay with you for the first 24 hours after you arrive home.
- Notify your doctor if there is a change in your medical condition, or if you have a cold, cough or fever. We realize illnesses prior to your appointment may cause concerns, please feel free to call and speak to one of our nursing staff.
- No smoking or alcohol 4 hours prior to your surgery.
Want to make a visit before the day of your surgery?
We offer preoperative visits that can help reduce anxiety prior to surgery. This can be especially beneficial for children. A tour of the facility provides an opportunity to meet with our dedicated staff and a chance to discuss any concerns you may have regarding your procedure.