Please take note of the following to make your admission process easy.
- A pregnancy test may be performed on all patients of child-bearing age (12-55) upon your surgeon or anesthesiologist’s request.
- Upon arrival, check in at the front desk to complete the registration process.
- A member of our pre-op staff will help you begin to get ready. You will be escorted to the pre-op area where you will be asked to change into a patient gown.
- As part of our patient safety program, you will be asked a number of times during your visit to verify your name, birth date and what procedure you are having. We want to consistently confirm we have the right patient in the right place having the correct procedure.
- It is at the discretion of the pre-op nurse as to how many visitors you may have while you wait in the pre-op area. Please let your nurse know if you would like a pastor or spiritual advisor to pray with you before going into the operating room.
- You will have the opportunity to talk to your surgeon, anesthesiologist and operating room nurse to answer any questions.
- Family and friends can wait in the lobby area during your procedure. They are updated as needed. They can enjoy limited snacks, drinks and TV during their waiting time. WiFi is available and there are limited activities for children.